Thinking of changing things up this year and switching jobs? The job market of tomorrow is a very different one from that of a year ago. No longer are we looking at the war for talent that we saw last year. But at the same time, skilled workers are still in high demand. While we might not have a crystal ball to see into the future, we do have some insights into hot trends in the job market for 2023.
Soft Skills are IN
The vast majority (93%) of employers want to see your soft skills on your resume. Some important soft skills to highlight include:
- Communication skills: These are the ability to clearly and effectively convey ideas, both in writing and orally.
- Leadership: This is the ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve a common goal.
- Problem-solving: This is the ability to identify and find solutions to challenges and obstacles.
- Interpersonal skills: This is the ability to work well with others and establish positive relationships.
- Time management: This is the ability to manage your time effectively to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability: This is the ability to be flexible and open to change, and to handle new situations as they arise.
- Creativity: This is the ability to think outside the box and come up with new and original ideas.
- Collaboration: This is the ability to work well with others and contribute to a team effort.
Including examples of how you have demonstrated these skills in previous roles or projects can help to give potential employers a better idea of your abilities.
Who you know is everything
Getting hired as a referral is on the rise. Work on your LinkedIn connections, trade school or other school connections to make sure your name comes up in conversations around opportunities that you’d be a good fit for. Using your professional network can be a valuable way to find job opportunities and to get hired. By building and maintaining strong connections, you can increase your chances of finding the right job for you.
Working with a recruiter is on trend
Working with a staffing firm or recruiter can provide several benefits when looking for a new job. These benefits can include access to a wider range of job opportunities, expert guidance and support, faster job placement, and opportunities for skill development. Staffing firms work with a variety of companies and organizations, and can provide access to job opportunities that may not be advertised elsewhere. They can provide valuable advice and support throughout the job search process, including help with resume writing and interview preparation.
Because staffing firms maintain relationships with a wide range of companies, they can often match job seekers with opportunities more quickly than if the job seeker were to search on their own. The best part is, you pay nothing for a recruiter to help you find the best position. So it’s a win-win every time.
Get Free Job Search Assistance in The Nashville Area!
For help finding your next exciting opportunity in 2023, connect with the recruiting team at All-Star Personnel today.